Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Online Writing Group

As I've been traveling, I've enjoyed the relative luxury and freedom of being able to do most of my writing work through online correspondence and a writing forum. However, I acknowledge the limitations of conducting critiques and posting my own work for review in an open forum and I am sometimes frustrated by the lack of response or the superficial interest in review and critique. I guess I'm looking for a more hardcore experience, a more dedicated atmosphere that can really cultivate change and growth. That is part of the reason I am applying for a MFA programs, to maximize workshop exposure. But I feel that much of this could be obtained through an online writing or critique group.

So I will commence this effort as an experiment, to determine whether there are other like-minded writers out there interested in this kind of group. As with The Oddville Press, the correspondence and procedures were conducted entirely online and it worked fairly well for a while. I have opened a profile on GroupBox.com and will look to recruit others interested in this kind of participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment