Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Publication WHAT?

I just realized today through fortune and fancy that my short story "Red Lights" was accepted for publication by Foliate Oak Literary Magazine! The magazine uses a submission manager and I received a brief email simply stating the status of my work had been updated. Well, I didn't directly remember the password for the manager and didn't check it right away. In fact, I didn't check back on it until I received an email from the magazine asking contributors to proof their galleys for errors before the end of the month. And I thought to myself.... what? Contributor? Wait.... WAIT! *scurry scurry* Logged myself in and lo and behold!

Accepted.

That's a major win any day of the week and I am especially excited because I quite liked my little story and worked hard at the revisions. Quite pleased indeed. This is my 3rd short story publication -- hopefully the first of many, yes? Stay tuned for the November, 2011 edition of Foliate Oak Literary Magazine!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!It's always exciting to have a short story accepted by a literary journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's just more motivation to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete